The Congressional Award is the United States Congress’ award for young Americans. It is non-partisan, voluntary, and non-competitive. The program is open to all young people ages 14 to 23. Participants earn Bronze, Silver and Gold Congressional Award Certificates and Bronze, Silver and Gold Congressional Award Medals. Each level involves setting goals in four program areas; Volunteer Public Service, Personal Development, Physical Fitness, and Expedition/Exploration. Earning the Award is a fun and interesting way to get more involved in something you already enjoy or something you’d like to try for the first time. You move at your own pace – on your own or with your friends. This is not an award for past accomplishments. Instead, you are honored for achieving your own challenging goals.
Regardless of your situation, you can earn the Congressional Award. The Congressional Award has no minimum grade point average requirements. It accommodates young people with special needs or disabilities who are willing to take the challenge.
There are two ways to register for the Award – online or via hard copy form. Either way, you will still need to send in the signed waiver and one time $15 Registration Fee. If you register online, your information is downloaded directly into our system. You may start counting activities as of the date you registered online or signed your waiver. Note – you cannot move your start date back to count previously completed activities – the Award is about goal setting and working on specific activities to meet those goals. We cannot backdate registration dates.
1. Complete the Online Registration Form.
2. Submit the Registration Form after you review your information.
3. Please only submit the online Registration Form once.
4. Print out the Waiver that confirms your registration. If you did not print the confirmation Waiver, you may print a new Waiver here. Please do not re-register in order to print confirmation sheet again!
5. Sign the Waiver
6. Mail in the completed Waiver and $15 Registration Fee (check or money order made out to The Congressional Award) to:
The Congressional Award
PO Box 77440
Washington, DC 20013