The Congressional Award offers an internship program for undergraduate students each spring, summer, and fall. Our national office is located on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.
Interns assist our staff with the promotion of the program and its day-to-day operations. Our staff members serve as the Foundation’s liaison to youth participants and adult mentors, congressional offices, partnering organizations, corporate sponsors, schools, and media.
Ideal candidates have academic, career, or social interests in political science, non-profit management, leadership development, youth/civic engagement, and/or event management. Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are required.
The scope of work for interns include the following:
- Perform administrative/clerical tasks
- Maintain and update membership records and database
- Organize meetings for local outreach with congressional offices, youth organizations, schools, etc.
- Manage and strengthen communications portfolio (social media, website, print & digital media)
- Draft internal and external written communication (press releases, email marketing, etc.)
- Assist with fundraising and development initiatives
- Plan and coordinate events at both the regional and national level
- Network and engage with stakeholders
Note: This is an unpaid position that offers a small stipend and a transportation allowance.
We accept internship applications on a rolling basis. However, the following are deadlines for each term:
- Summer 2018: March 23, 2018
- Fall 2018: June 29, 2018
- Spring 2019: December 17, 2018
Check out the Internship Program FAQs for more information about the internship.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the form below. Please have an updated cover letter and resume available.