The Congressional Award offers an internship program for undergraduate students each spring, summer, and fall. Our national office is located on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.
Interns assist our staff with the promotion of the program and its day-to-day operations. Our staff members serve as the Foundation’s liaison to participants and advisors, congressional offices, partnering organizations, schools, and media. Ideal candidates have academic, career, or social interests in communications, political science, non-profit organization, and event management. Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are required.
The scope of work for interns include the following:
- Manage and strengthen communications portfolio (social media, website, print & digital media)
- Assist with fundraising and development initiatives
- Plan and coordinate events at both the regional and national level
- Perform administrative/clerical tasks
- Maintain and update membership records and database
- Network and engage with stakeholders
- Organize meetings for local outreach with congressional offices, youth organizations, schools, etc.
- Draft internal and external written communication (press releases, email marketing, etc.)
Note: This is an unpaid position that offers a small stipend and a transportation allowance.
We accept internship applications on a rolling basis. However, the following are deadlines for each term:
- Fall 2017: July 10, 2017
- Spring 2018: December 1, 2017
- Summer 2018: April 1, 2018
Check out the Internship Program FAQs for more information about the internship.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the form below. Please have an updated cover letter and resume available.